Gemini_56x0_260_MaxVar/PPP - images

Wir haben aktuell ein Problem mit dem Board und arbeiten an der Lösung...
  • Für alle die immer über Platzmangel klagen hier gepatchte Gemini 2.60-images für die db56x0/Triax. Mit diesen images stehen ca. 2.8MB(2.7MB in PPP_MaxVar) freier Speicherplatz in /var/ (statt der sonst üblichen 1.2MB) zur Verfügung. :winking_face: Zum Aufspielen dreamup und nicht das Netzwerk benutzen! "Fremdtools" wie Flashwizard etc wurden nicht getestet! Falls ein Programm nicht geht bitte bei den entsprechenden Autoren nachfragen ob da was verbessert werden kann :winking_face:

Auch ein "normales" Gemini 2.60 mit PPP-Support für die db56x0/Triax steht zur Verfügung. Wer die Wahl hat hat also auch die Qual :winking_face:

Weitere Patches stelle ich in Zukunft nicht mehr zur Verfügung. DMM sollte die Routinen entsprechend in ihrem Code anpassen, so daß das Ganze endlich flexibel gestaltet und abhängig von der Größe eines image gestaltet wird und auch der *gesamte* Speicher optimal (aus)genutzt werden kann! :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Beste Grüße und danke an Schädelmeister! :winking_face:

• Great Image :) A lot of Space (2.6Mb). I make backup (without anything, only channel list) in Flashwizard 5.2. Now I send this image using Flashwizard :) Bye

• thx,

it would be great wenn the config doesnt changed. (language, menu, settings etc), only the space.

otherwise thanks a lot

• I installed the MAXVAR image by sending the image to /tmp renamed to root.cramfs and do the manual update.
    After that i restarted the box with flashbutton pushed in untill the four stripes where visible in the display.
    After that i had 34% of var used, in the previous 2.6 version i had 64% used. It's a great differnce !! Great respect for the developper(s) !!
    Space used in var is very important for the dm5620s boxes.

And what really is astonishing, this image is the same as the big Gemini 2.60, can't find any differences :winking_face_with_tongue:
    Really TOP !!

Shotfac

:laola:DreamON
    Dreambox 5620 S C+ Dutch ABO :grinning_squinting_face:
    Dreambox 5620 S FreexTV Upgr :face_with_rolling_eyes:

[denk] Gemini 4.20 MAXVAR :] [/denk]:danke:

• Zitat

Original von shotfac
    And what really is astonishing, this image is the same as the big Gemini 2.60, can't find any differences :winking_face_with_tongue:

when u install the original gemini you were asked for a language choice and for a config your sat. and the mainmenu is listed.

Tutut

I leave it to you, if you make it i would be happy.

thx again

• Yes sorry I used English and one satellite(Astra19E) and it starts on MTV FTA as I thought most have that anway so why not so that's the "difference" of this image :winking_face:

And I won't do it again it's like I said it's easy to do so DMM or teams like the Gemini-team should fix/take care of the problem - it's just a few lines in the build script and 5 minutes to wait longer until the image is put together that's all. So I won't do all the "work" again(I did it manually but the calculation should go into a short script which patches/recompiles the kernel in the final step after which it's put together again - it has to be done twice as the kernel needs to know what size the final image is which is NOT the case by default hence the waste of space). Also I have only a 56x0 anyway and no time to do proper testing etc. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

So if I keep doing it they probably won't even bother but they should otherwise that's ignorance I'd say as this is more important than a lot of other things which should rather go into a next major version or anything :face_with_rolling_eyes: So ask them nicely and maybe "someone" will be listening :winking_face:

• ne kurze frage am rande, was bedeutet das PPP?

mfg hk2k2

HIER KÖNNTE AUCH IHRE WERBUNG STEHEN - nein JOKE :hurra:

DM920 1xCombo S2X-MS/1x Twin S2X-MS mit FAN,LED,Heatsink MOD + HK2k2 Quadmouse
    DM900 1xTwin S2 LED MOD
    DM8000 2xS2 1xC 1xT div. MOD
    TBS5927
    Wavefrontier T90: 39E-36-33/31,5-28,2-26-23,5-21,5-19,2-16-13<-10/9->7-4,8-3/1,9-0,8-4/5-8-12,5W
    Selfsat 30W
    Selfsat 51,5/52E
    85cm USALS Testanlage
    180cm PFA Drehbar:37,5W-68E

• This Maxvar is really a great image, but don't change the bootlogo, because if you do so, you can flash serial !!!!

regards
    Shotfac

:laola:DreamON
    Dreambox 5620 S C+ Dutch ABO :grinning_squinting_face:
    Dreambox 5620 S FreexTV Upgr :face_with_rolling_eyes:

[denk] Gemini 4.20 MAXVAR :] [/denk]:danke:

• Zitat

Originally posted by Handycracker2k2
    ne kurze frage am rande, was bedeutet das PPP?

mfg hk2k2

Für die 5600er und Boxen mit defektem n/w-interface, siehe auch Quest-section hier :winking_face:

Zitat

Originally posted by shotfac
    but don't change the bootlogo, because if you do so, you can flash serial

Gemini doesn't come with a bootlogo anymore, a waste of space anyway :winking_face:

• better is Ihad skin :) And we have few kb more in flash without this skin and german lang. Pliss make second version. We have chice or install with this or not. Bye

• Zitat

Original von zbigzbig20
    better is Ihad skin :) And we have few kb more in flash without this skin and german lang. Pliss make second version. We have chice or install with this or not. Bye

2.8 MB is not enough for you, what are you looking for ? 10 MB :confused_face: ?! accept tutut´s opinion, he wrote he wont change this Image.